In this article we are going to learn how to add a MSSQL database to your website in Business Websites. The process is fairly simple so let's jump in and add our first database.
- First, login to the Control Panel, https://websitesettings.com
- Navigate to Websites
- From the list of domains click on the website for which a new MSSQL database needs to be added.
- Click on the Features tab
- In the Databases section click Add button
NOTE: If the Add button is not visible, then the database feature can be added by placing an order. MSSQL databases will incur additional billing.
- Enter a database name
- Choose a database type as SQL_Server_2008 and click Continue
- NOTE: The prefix of the database name is generated for the user by the control panel. The database name is a combination of the prefix and the identifier.
- Provide a database user name, a password and then click Finish
NOTE: The prefix of the database user name is generated by Cloud Sites. The database user name will be a combination of the prefix and the identifier.
- A clock icon is displayed while the database completes setup, click on the Features tab to refresh status
- Confirm that the new database is active verifying that the status column has a green check mark icon next to the database name
NOTE: This process can take a few moments to complete. If your database does not have a green check mark next to it in excess of 10 minutes and you are still experiencing a problem, please do not hesitate to contact our technical support.
Congratulations! You have added a Microsoft SQL database to your website!