Yes, though you should make sure that SPF is enabled for your domain in the control panel. SPF can be enabled in the Management > Inbound Filtering > Mail Delivery area, in the SPF tab.
Articles in this section
- How do I access the Control Panel?
- NoSpam Mail Protection Billing Questions
- Can or should we establish SPF records?
- Can I continue to use SPF on my mail server?
- What is SPF?
- What happens to email sent to addresses that aren't listed in the control panel?
- How do I keep emails to bogus/invalid addresses off my network?
- Can the filtering be in place for only some of the email addresses in my domain?
- What is a sibling domain?
- How do I set up a distribution list for filtering?